The Southern Documentary Fund seeks a full-time Communications Manager currently residing in the South.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director and oversees internal and external communications including SDF Branding, Outreach Marketing and Promotional Materials. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General SDF Correspondences
- Email & telephone communications.
- Website Management
- Works with designer to continue building out and managing SDF’s website.
- Maintains and updates website content.
- Brand Management
- Oversees creation of promotional materials.
- Works with designer to expand branding and establish SDF’s visual voice.
- Social Media Management
- Maintains & updates all social media accounts while creating a tone that reflects SDF’s mission and values.
- Creates new ways to engage and build SDF’s following.
- Stays up-to-date and socially engaged with partner organizations and Southern makers.
- Create SDF Newsletters
- Gathers information and sends out monthly newsletters to general email lists and SDF supported makers.
- Creates & Issues Press Releases
Desired Characteristics & Skills
- Has a passion for the mission, vision, and values of the organization, an appreciation for its programming, and an enthusiasm for the South’s regional vibrant filmmaking community .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and maintain a cohesive voice for the organization.
- Creative eye in design with general knowledge of design software.
- Expansive knowledge of the social media landscape.
- Experience working in film and/or non-profit arts organizations.
- Experience working with Google docs.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org