The Southern Documentary Fund offers fiscal sponsorship for documentary projects made in or about the American South.
Having a fiscal sponsor allows makers to solicit funds from government agencies, foundations, trusts, individuals, and other philanthropic sources that require IRS nonprofit status in order to contribute to a project. These contributions are then tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. SDF charges a modest 6% administrative fee for any monies contributed to projects through our Fiscal Sponsorship program, plus credit card or other payment processing fees incurred for online donations.
*Applications will reopen August 1, 2021. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Artists are invited to apply to SDF for fiscal sponsorship year-round through our online form at submittable.com. The application fee is $25.
The required fee must be paid separately through PayPal link above.
Criteria for project selection includes:
- Project Director(s) actively fundraising through the duration of fiscal sponsorship.
- Project Directors connection to subject matter.
- Feasibility of the project (budget, financing, schedule, and scope).
- Project should meet the goals of SDF as stated in our mission and values.
- Well written and well-researched proposals.
- Potential to reach its intended audience.