The Southern Documentary Fund offers fiscal sponsorship for documentary projects made in or about the American South.
Having a fiscal sponsor allows makers to solicit funds from government agencies, foundations, trusts, individuals, and other philanthropic sources that require IRS nonprofit status in order to contribute to a project. These contributions are then tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. SDF charges a modest 6% administrative fee for any monies contributed to projects through our Fiscal Sponsorship program, plus credit card or other payment processing fees incurred for online donations.
Artists are invited to apply to SDF for fiscal sponsorship year-round through our online form at submittable.com. The application fee is $25.
The required fee must be paid separately through PayPal link above.
Criteria for project selection includes:
- Project Director(s) actively fundraising through the duration of fiscal sponsorship.
- Project Directors connection to subject matter.
- Feasibility of the project (budget, financing, schedule, and scope).
- Project should meet the goals of SDF as stated in our mission and values.
- Well written and well-researched proposals.
- Potential to reach its intended audience.